- You must escort your child from the car park into the class, sign in on the roll on arrival and also sign out when collecting your child. Please inform the tutor anytime someone else will be picking your child up for you. We are unable to accommodate parents in the classroom.
- Management reserves the right to exclude from the programme any child who is constantly disruptive, does not adhere to the programme rules or poses a significant risk to the safety of themselves or others. In some situations the tutor may require parents to come immediately to remove their child from the programme. The centre strives to be fair and consistent. There are written policies covering safety, behaviour guidance etc. A copy of the policies is on-site if you wish to refer to it.
- In the event of an accident or emergency, staff will perform appropriate first aid and if necessary call an ambulance. Parents will be contacted immediately. Any urgent medical attention will be at the parents’ cost. Children will not be transported by private vehicles unless there is a serious emergency e.g. the need to evacuate due to tsunami, earthquake etc.or when a child has not been picked up and needs to be transported to the police station (see next point below).
- If no-one has arrived to collect a child at the end of class, the tutor will attempt to contact parents/caregivers and the alternative contact person using the emergency details supplied at time of enrolment. After one hour if no-one has arrived to collect the child and the tutor has been unable to contact anyone after repeated attempts , then the tutor will transport the child to the nearest police station, North Shore Policing Centre, 52 Parkway Drive, Rosedale Ph: 477 5000, 7am-10pm and will transfer the child to their care.
- Please advise us if your child has any medical conditions or special learning needs so the tutor can be made aware of this. All such information will remain confidential.
- As the Centre has no child minding facilities, students must arrive for their class at the stated times, accompanied by an adult who will come with them to the classroom. Children who are repeatedly collected late once the class has finished may be excluded from the programme. A fee (at a rate of $20 per half-hour) will be charged if children are not collected on time. The centre will not be held responsible for the safety of children who arrive early before class start time and are left unattended by parents/caregivers.
- If you have any comments or concerns about the programme, please speak to the tutor in the first instance.
- Although all due care will be taken, the centre will not accept responsibility for lost or damaged possessions children bring along to class with them.
- Each term is a new term. Your child is not automatically enrolled into the next term. You will need to re-enrol as promptly as possible. Please check our website regarding enrolment dates or phone the office on 09 478 2237.
Child Safety Guidelines
If you are a guardian or caregiver to a MAC student under the age of 17 years, you'll need to understand and agree to our Child Safety Guidelines.
If you have any queries regarding these policies, please phone the office on 09 478 2237 or contact us at email@example.com